Reporting to the Synergist Programs Director, the Program Manager is responsible for the operational success of one or more initiatives for The Synergist. As the day-to-day lead and external face of the initiative(s), they are accountable for driving the implementation of the overall strategy, supporting membership base management and growth, and ensuring the best possible deliverables and outcomes for the program.
As a member of The Synergist, you will need to be adept at managing complexity and various stakeholders needs and perspectives, and be able to turn those into assets for your program(s) and for The Synergist.
The Synergist offers candidates the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, demanding yet very rewarding and purpose driven environment. Program Managers have a unique opportunity to drive programs that solve the world’s most pressing societal issues using an innovative and groundbreaking approach, interfacing and collaborating with the world’s prominent thought leaders, experts, and executives from across the nonprofit and for-profit sectors internationally.
- Develops and implements an operational plan that supports the strategic objectives of the program through an agile, co-creation approach.
- Aspires to deliver, and most of the time succeeds in delivering, the very best-in-class deliverables and results for the programs.
- Ensures his / her programs are efficiently run, taking into account resources available and expectations of the board and key stakeholders. Delivers solutions that are feasible, agile, fit the business and project needs and have enthusiastic buy-in from our members at every step.
- Develops an excellent grasp of the subject matter and acts as an informed value-adding participant with a share of voice.
- Shapes and applies programs world-class governance & protocols and constantly looks for ways to improve both.
- Acts as key contact for existing and new partners, nurtures relationships with members, partners and advisors through collective leadership and develops new opportunities that fit the purpose of the program.
- Maintains a high standard of efficient and positive team working atmosphere partners and stakeholders enthusiastically invest their own time and resources in the project.
- Creates an environment that enables the team to perform its best. Provides clear, confident direction and briefings to team members and partners to ensure successful delivery of expected outcomes, on time, on brief and within budget.
- Proficient in implementing agile methodology to enable the team to work in an efficient, organized, responsive and agile manner, enabling the best outcomes.
- Manages the funding of the program according to the approved budget.
- Develops and leads a fundraising plan to develop the program and ensure sustainable growth.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with donors and other partners/stakeholders.
- Develops and tracks proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Assesses the impact of the programme’s activities through feedback and measurement.
Build awareness of the issue
- Acts as spokesperson and representative for the health-related initiative(s).
- Increases awareness of the program(s) and support for its activities among key audiences.
- Enhances the availability of information related to the program(s).
- Delegates significant responsibilities, aligned with capabilities and experience, provides coaching support. Allocates delegated tasks in a way that will challenge and develop the program coordinators. Follows up on delegated tasks in a timely manner.
- Is an ambassador of people development, setting clear targets, development goals and follows career plan
- Ensures clear roles and responsibilities for each program coordinator
- Empowers the team for results
Be a Synergist
- Applies and helps to develop the Synergist collective impact and co-creation methodology and agility through program activities.
- Looks for and maximizes synergies and connections between people, projects and tools.
- Manages tensions and interacts with others in a way that always fosters a positive, productive team atmosphere.
- Supports CEO and management in business development opportunities at the Group level.
- Ensures transparency and maintains high ethical standards, ensuring all applicable regulations are implemented.
The successful candidate will:
- Be very strong in project and program management
- Build relationships with numerous and diverse partners as a source of energy
- Be agile, stimulated by challenges and have a positive, can-do problem-solving mindset
- Be a self-starter with strong creative thinking, analytical and, most importantly, interpersonal skills
- Capable of staying focus on the goal in complex context
- Be a strong team player and collaborator, able to take the lead when required but also able to step back and support other members of the team, and able to defuse tensions if needed, including among the most senior, executive-level stakeholders and thought leaders
- Be at ease and flexible within a fast growing startup in its scale-up phase
- Have strong organizational and prioritization skills and capabilities to balance and manage many (sometimes conflicting) priorities at once without losing track of objectives or progress
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and excellent overall communication skills
- Be curious and open-minded, open to new ideas, concepts and people
- Have at least 6 years of professional experience in business development, stakeholder management, and/or project management
- Have experience working with a team in an international, entrepreneurial and multi-cultural work environment
Not required but would be a plus:
- Based in Brussels most of the time
- Professional experience working in the healthcare or environmental sector
- Experience in patient advocacy in industry and/or patient organization, or both
- Professional or personal experience in social entrepreneurship or corporate social responsibility
- An MBA, MD, PhD or scientific degree
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages
What's In It for You:
- The opportunity to work for a global organization partnering with strategic for and not-for-profit players to address societal needs (like patient engagement, epidemics management, women's health, rare diseases etc);
- The opportunity to join a dynamic, diverse and fun team that works enthusiastically to develop innovative and efficient programs aimed at solving challenges which others ignore or have been unable to resolve;
- The chance to constantly grow, develop and refine new skills as The Synergist develops new partnerships and innovative ideas.
About The Synergist
The Synergist is a social venture that addresses a growing need to collectively face societal issues by addressing broken or inefficient systems and accelerating societal (co-)impact.
With globalization, the digital age and increased mobility, we now have collectively more knowledge, capability, and capacity to solve the world’s most challenging social issues than ever before. But complex issues can’t be solved in isolation. The sheer number, variety, and interests of stakeholders on any given issue makes it difficult to focus everyone’s expertise and resources on a shared goal.
The Synergist is an independent, neutral backbone and incubator bringing together the right people, organizations, and institutions to focus on solving societal issues both personally and with technology tools. We foster an organized and collaborative environment that enables collective impact by: co-defining a shared vision, goals and strategies with members; bringing on board new partners; establishing and maintaining a transparent and balanced governance structure; coordinating all activity and bringing to life concrete projects and solutions that have been shaped with and complemented by members.
The collective programs we operate or contribute to are covering topics such as patient engagement, maternal health, immunization and soon environmental issues, all in the global environment.
The Synergist is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Apply for Patient Engagement Program Manager
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.