The Manager Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure will be responsible for USP Systems infrastructure across all campuses operating under the Deputy Director.
Manager Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR AND PRESIDENT
Information Technology Services – LIT006
- The Manager Enterprise Systems and Infrastructure will be responsible for USP Systems infrastructure across all campuses operating under the Deputy Director who is responsible for all technical operations within the IT Services team. The appointee will be expected to provide technical leadership and advice for the design and structure of the enterprise and utility/application software on the University’s Linux and Windows based servers, storage systems and associated infrastructure. She/he will also provide technical advice on the integration of systems infrastructure with USP networking and telecommunication infrastructure services.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- A Master’s degree in the Computing Science discipline;
- Ideally 6-8 years of relevant work experience (preferably in managing and configuring Cisco equipment in a multi-building environment);
- Relevant experience in a large complex server systems environment with hybrid Linux/Windows servers;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in all aspects of the management of Linux operating systems in a large infrastructure environment with more than 200 servers;
- Must have CCNA;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in managing a multi-site Microsoft Active Directory environment in an enterprise of 10,000 plus users;
- Demonstrated experience of designing, installing, managing, updating and maintaining Linux Enterprise systems in a physical and virtual environment (Red Hat/CentOS);
- RHCE or LPI level 2 Linux qualifications;
- Some knowledge of IP Networking in an extensive multi-campus environment with multiple WAN, LAN and Access technologies;
- Be able to establish documentation standards for staff to ensure network performance and ease of utilisation.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Knowledge and experience of managing and configuration of specific server based applications including SQL, BIND, Postfix, Samba, Squid, DHCP, Firewalls, VPN, SpamAssassin, Webmail, Pop3, IMAP, Apache, Radius, Nagios, Snort, Cups etc.
- A CCIE or CCIP Advanced level qualification;
- Experience in infrastructure management and the ability to design server infrastructure solutions for campus needs;
- Experience in migrating from legacy server/storage environments to the ‘new’ consolidated virtualised enterprise production environment;
- Virtualisation experience with VMware and Xen Hypervisors – advanced knowledge of vSphere;
- Sound knowledge of operating systems security and programming skill sin Perl and Shell scripting;
- Familiarity with Identity Management and AD integration with Linux will be an added advantage;
- Experience with ICT technologies/equipment including VSAT, IP Networking, Router/Switches and Cabling;
- Knowledge and experience in storage environment including fiber and ISCSI based storage area networks (SAN), Network attached storage (NAS), tape libraries backup and restoring technologies on Linux and Windows servers.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Level 4 FJ $84, 343 to FJ $103, 324 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
The University may pay an inducement allowance to secure the services of an exceptionally well qualified candidate.
Enquiries: Mr. Kisione Finau; tel.: (679) 32 32081; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 27 May 2018
How to Apply
Candidates may use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at https://www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Manual and emailed applications are no longer accepted. Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.